Architectural & Structural Steel Detailing
Using the Latest BIM 3D Modelling software Tekla Structures we are able to fully develop and produce advanced working models with the design intent at the core of each project. The software achieves Greater Accuracy, Increased Productivity and Superior Project Control, keeping the design team informed and satisfied that the build is exactly as they envisioned.
Now with new Model Share Capability
added to our company we can easily
work on any projects around the world
as part of your team, delivering additional
resources to your projects as and when
you need them.
We have answered a few questions below that we often hear from new clients looking to learn more about our services and how our team of advanced detailers bring BIM Modelling to the next level.
If you have any other questions email us or give us a call if you wish to discuss any other requirements you may have.
We offer a highly skilled team of steel design technicians completing contracts of all levels of complexity and sizes, scroll down to see a few reasons why we feel OD3 Engineering tower above all of our competitors.
What is Steel Detailing?
Steel detailing is a specialist area of structural drafting. A Steel Detailer interprets architectural and structural engineering drawings to gain a thorough working knowledge of the overall design intent of a building or structure. So you can see choosing the right Detailer is essential.
What do we do?
Using the latest 3D Modelling Technology Tekla Structures. Our highly skilled team liaise with the project Design Team, Architect, Engineer and Building Contractor to create a working 3D model. Once designs have been approved we provide Fabrication Packs to Steel Fabricators for manufacture.
What is Approval Stage?
Before we output any drawings from the 3D model it goes through vigorous testing by our team and is issued for approval to the design team this reduces on-site problems and ensures all members of the design team are satisfied their design intent has been carried out.
What is in an OD3 Fabrication Pack?
Fabrication Packs are basically the product of the 3D Model. They contain Material Lists, Single Part Drawings, Assembly Drawings our Fabrication packs are structured in a way that leaves the steel fabricator easy access to the right information for printing and distributing to their team.
So why choose OD3 Engineering?
1. Advanced Tekla Structures steel detailer's with over 10 years’ experience on your team.
2. Provide highly detailed fabrication and GA drawings to reduce errors in the workshop and delays on-site.
3. Produce highly accurate material lists to ensure waste is kept to a minimum when ordering.
4. Provide NC files for CNC all exported from a fully 3D BIM model.
5. CE Standard drawing and report templates available with your logo.
6. Material take off services instantly freeing resources in your estimating department.
7. Save your company expense on idle wages, training and licensing fees.
8. Video link capability for design meeting and model reviewing.
9. UK based customer support on call for missing content or problem resolution.
10. You can concentrate on running your workshop and getting new business.
We aim to deliver an expert detailing services you can rely on with competitive outsourcing rates.
Please feel free to contact us or visit our facebook page to learn more about our services.
OD3 Engineering © 2018